Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Is Among Us
However, I would like to change it to…
Breast Cancer Prevention Month
Let’s think about this here. We are all AWARE of breast cancer. We are all AWARE of cancer in general. So why the heck don’t we hear about how to PREVENT cancer. Isn’t that really what all this money we’re spending on pink ribbons should be going to?! I think so!
What do you think of when you think of a cancer patient? Do you EVER want to be a cancer patient? Do you ever want to go through with the kind of tormenting treatment that they suffer through? I think we all answer the same to these questions. NO!
We all want to live a cancer FREE life. We don’t ever want to have to go through treatment. We don’t want to go through that tormenting time where you wonder if you’ll even survive! No. Yet all that money we donate never comes back to share with us how to avoid this (cancer) in life.
But there’s NOTHING we can do to prevent it
WRONG. There are definite ways to prevent cancer! Let’s get a few things straight.
1. Why don’t we know about this? Because no one makes money by preventing cancer, so no one spends money to spread the word and make this knowledge known. Also, some of what I will share is quite frankly controversial, because some big companies and lobbies have spent a lot of money to make you and everyone you know think otherwise.
2. It’s hereditary. It’s genetics. This conclusion is more often used when someone doesn’t know how to explain something, so they just assume it must be genetics. Based on science, cancer is only 2% genetic. Meaning if it is IN YOUR GENES and was passed on to you, there is only a 2% chance that THAT alone will give you cancer. 2%!!!!! That means there’s a 98% chance you won’t get cancer, unless an environment is created in your body for the cancer to grow and become CANCER.
3. Cancer grows in acidic environments. So if you keep your body from becoming acidic, you prevent cancer growth! Whoa! No really though, it’s that simple.
4. What you eat MATTERS… A LOT! Sugar, highly processed foods, dairy products, and meats are your ACID forming foods. When I watch what the typical person eats, it breaks my heart. I KNOW they’ll have a disease one day if they keep up their eating habits. Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch, and chicken and rice-a-roni for dinner. There wasn’t one non acid-forming food in that spread. Not one. That is a toxic diet!
5. GREENS, GREENS, & MORE GREENS. There was no better food ever created than green vegetables. Kale, spinach, collards, arugula, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus and this list goes on! Food that comes from a plant is a god-given food. It is food from the sun. It is food from the earth. It is ALKALINE-FORMING food. It is cancer-preventing food. It is disease preventing food. It is life saving food. Eat some!
6. Say no to dairy and meat (most of the time). This is the part no body want to hear. But I’m here to say it. Studies have showed how eating 20% or more animal protein in the diet allows and speeds cancer growth. Eating less than 10% will not allow ANY cancer growth. The same study done using plant instead of animal protein saw 0% cancer growth no matter how much protein was consumed. Think about this. ANIMAL PROTEIN CAUSES CANCER GROWTH! WHAT??? Yes, that is exactly what I just said. If you want to read more about it, check out The China Study by Dr. Colin T. Campbell. (NOTE: this study was done on those predisposed to cancer and carried it genetically)
Dear friends, what have you learned about preventing Cancer, or any disease for that matter? Eat a lot of veggies! And fruits and anything that is plant-based! It’s all alkaline-forming/cancer preventing. Avoid too much dairy and meats. I’m not saying you need to become vegetarian or vegan to necessarily prevent cancer or disease. It’s may be more of a “sure thing” that way, but you really just want to make sure that only 10% or less comes from those products.
None of us are perfect. But surely this is something to be thinking about when making your next food choice, because frankly FOOD MATTERS, a lot!
Share with me!
What have you learned?
Is this new to you or have you heard this before?
What do you want to implement right away?
It’s time to go be a healthy, happy, hot, and cancer-free babe!
Peace, love, and blessings
What is the most beautiful morning to you?
Do you know what I mean? For me, it’s waking up without any alarms blasting in my ears, yet not in the middle of the day either. Those mornings when you went to bed at a decent hour and just naturally woke up as the sun started shining into your bedroom window. Yeaaa that starts it for me.
Having enough time to do what you’d like to before leaving. Not rushing. Cooking a warm and healthy breakfast matched with fresh made juice. Making yourself a homemade avocado facial. Doing some yoga in the morning sun. Taking a warm relaxing shower. Then taking the time to curl your hair and pick out a cute outfit.
A beautiful morning. How often do you give yourself a beautiful morning? Can’t remember? Well, maybe it’s time. I realize not everyone can do this daily or regularly, but can you do it one morning a week? A Saturday or Sunday? Go in to work an hour later than usual.
Let me tell you, I haven’t done this in a while. I sort of lost it. I DID do it today! My oh my, what a difference I feel with my life right now. Taking care of yourself is so important! Not just eating right, but treating your self right, with care.
I’ll share all the wonderful things from my beautiful morning.
Sweet Potato Home Fries and Greens with Mashed Avocado
Cut a sweet potato into cubes, like home fries. Then dice up half of a medium onion of your choice. I used a white onion. Put a tablespoon or so of olive oil into a heated saute pan. Throw in your sweet potatoes and onion. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Cover it with a lid.
Meanwhile, mash up half an avocado with a fork. (Save like a tablespoon of it though. You’ll see why ;))
Add some salt to your avocado. I added a little bit of lime and cilantro too 🙂
When it’s almost cooked, about 20 minutes, sprinkle on some dried rosemary and add a handful of spinach or other green. Stir. Cook until greens are wilted.
Looks Yummy! And Healthy!
Cucumber, Apple, Orange Juice
Pretty simple. Just juice a cucumber, a green apple and an orange. YUM YUM!
Eat your breakfast in peace. I like to dip my home fries in the avocado. It’s much healthier than my other favorite, BBQ sauce.
I had these beautiful flowers to admire while I ate. I bought them for myself, but that doesn’t make a difference 😉 They’re still beautiful.
I’ve shared this with you before, but take that left over avocado I had you save and mash it up really well. Then smear it on your face! Leave it there for about 20 minutes and wash with warm water 🙂
It doesn’t look pretty but your skin will feel oh so good!
What do you like to do in the mornings to take care of yourself?
What gets your day started off right?
As always, be healthy, be happy, and wear it like a hot babe!
Five days complete in my 30 day challenge! It’s been going great! I have so many things I want to share with you! That’s what I get for waiting 5 days before posting You’ll forgive me though, right?!
I promised you my veggie lasagna that’s so good you’ll never miss the traditional stuff… well turns out I didn’t buy lasagna noodles. whoops! I ended up making Veggie Stuffed Shells that once I get pictures, I will share. But for now.. First thing is first!
I love the color of this smoothie. It reminds me of grape soda 🙂
1 banana, peeled
1/4 c. almond milk
6 large strawberries
1/2 c. blueberries
1 handful spinach (or other leafy green)
1 Tbsp flax seeds
1/2 c. ice
Add it all to your blender. Blend until smooth. Then enjoy!
Tip: I add banana and ice to almost every smoothie I make. Banana adds the creamy texture you’re looking for and ice makes it cold.
I’ll admit I’m still a little salad challenged, but let me share with you what’s been getting me through it.
1. Organic Spring Mix. This is chock full of more than 10 good-for-you greens including; arugula, spinach, beet greens, radicchio, endive, tango, red chard, and the list goes on. Those are just the ones I remember.
2. NUTrition. This little mix here has almonds, pistachios, dried cranberries, dried cherries, and granola. (I might be missing something, but who cares!) This stuff is so yummy. I’ve just been throwing it on top of my salads for some crunch and a yummy healthy kick. This right here is for the lazy salad maker! (ie: me!) Give it a try! Oh, and it’s great as a to-go snack by itself.
Now I did tell you I made Veggie Stuffed Shells instead of lasagna, since I can’t share that recipe with you just yet, I’ll give you one better. The real star of the show.
Guilt Free Garlic Bread
The trick here is you want to go to the bakery and buy a whole grain loaf. Any kind, Italian, French, whatever. WHOLE GRAIN. Traditionally my mom made this with the sweet Italian bread, but we’re giving it that healthy ramp and going vegan with this bad boy!
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. Earth Balance buttery spread
(This is a vegan butter, I generally just call it butter)
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, rough mince
1. Combine EVOO, butter, and garlic in a bowl. (I do recommend a garlic press for this. You can see mine in the picture, but it allows the garlic to combine with the butter rather than be big clumps that I chopped up.) Mix until smooth. I just use a fork for this.
2. Turn your oven on to broil. Then continue to cut your bread into slices. Like above. Spread the garlic butter evenly over each piece.
3. Sprinkle with your fresh chopped cilantro. (Picture was taken at this step!)
4. Broil for about 3 minutes or until golden brown or butter is melted and bread is crispy!
I also use this same recipe for crutons, just cooked a little longer!
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do. I’ll continue in my 30 day challenge. Good luck to those of you joining me!
In case you were wondering my hula-hooping skills are getting much better! haha 🙂
What are you waiting for?! Get Healthy, Happy, and Hot! Eat these delicious foods!