Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Is Among Us
However, I would like to change it to…
Breast Cancer Prevention Month
Let’s think about this here. We are all AWARE of breast cancer. We are all AWARE of cancer in general. So why the heck don’t we hear about how to PREVENT cancer. Isn’t that really what all this money we’re spending on pink ribbons should be going to?! I think so!
What do you think of when you think of a cancer patient? Do you EVER want to be a cancer patient? Do you ever want to go through with the kind of tormenting treatment that they suffer through? I think we all answer the same to these questions. NO!
We all want to live a cancer FREE life. We don’t ever want to have to go through treatment. We don’t want to go through that tormenting time where you wonder if you’ll even survive! No. Yet all that money we donate never comes back to share with us how to avoid this (cancer) in life.
But there’s NOTHING we can do to prevent it
WRONG. There are definite ways to prevent cancer! Let’s get a few things straight.
1. Why don’t we know about this? Because no one makes money by preventing cancer, so no one spends money to spread the word and make this knowledge known. Also, some of what I will share is quite frankly controversial, because some big companies and lobbies have spent a lot of money to make you and everyone you know think otherwise.
2. It’s hereditary. It’s genetics. This conclusion is more often used when someone doesn’t know how to explain something, so they just assume it must be genetics. Based on science, cancer is only 2% genetic. Meaning if it is IN YOUR GENES and was passed on to you, there is only a 2% chance that THAT alone will give you cancer. 2%!!!!! That means there’s a 98% chance you won’t get cancer, unless an environment is created in your body for the cancer to grow and become CANCER.
3. Cancer grows in acidic environments. So if you keep your body from becoming acidic, you prevent cancer growth! Whoa! No really though, it’s that simple.
4. What you eat MATTERS… A LOT! Sugar, highly processed foods, dairy products, and meats are your ACID forming foods. When I watch what the typical person eats, it breaks my heart. I KNOW they’ll have a disease one day if they keep up their eating habits. Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch, and chicken and rice-a-roni for dinner. There wasn’t one non acid-forming food in that spread. Not one. That is a toxic diet!
5. GREENS, GREENS, & MORE GREENS. There was no better food ever created than green vegetables. Kale, spinach, collards, arugula, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus and this list goes on! Food that comes from a plant is a god-given food. It is food from the sun. It is food from the earth. It is ALKALINE-FORMING food. It is cancer-preventing food. It is disease preventing food. It is life saving food. Eat some!
6. Say no to dairy and meat (most of the time). This is the part no body want to hear. But I’m here to say it. Studies have showed how eating 20% or more animal protein in the diet allows and speeds cancer growth. Eating less than 10% will not allow ANY cancer growth. The same study done using plant instead of animal protein saw 0% cancer growth no matter how much protein was consumed. Think about this. ANIMAL PROTEIN CAUSES CANCER GROWTH! WHAT??? Yes, that is exactly what I just said. If you want to read more about it, check out The China Study by Dr. Colin T. Campbell. (NOTE: this study was done on those predisposed to cancer and carried it genetically)
Dear friends, what have you learned about preventing Cancer, or any disease for that matter? Eat a lot of veggies! And fruits and anything that is plant-based! It’s all alkaline-forming/cancer preventing. Avoid too much dairy and meats. I’m not saying you need to become vegetarian or vegan to necessarily prevent cancer or disease. It’s may be more of a “sure thing” that way, but you really just want to make sure that only 10% or less comes from those products.
None of us are perfect. But surely this is something to be thinking about when making your next food choice, because frankly FOOD MATTERS, a lot!
Share with me!
What have you learned?
Is this new to you or have you heard this before?
What do you want to implement right away?
It’s time to go be a healthy, happy, hot, and cancer-free babe!
Peace, love, and blessings
I had a moment as I was driving down the road. Apparently I come to most of my epiphanies while driving. But, I did. I had a moment of just pure happiness and love and comfort and contentment. I’m thing to myself, “I’m falling back in love with me!
I got so excited! Thoughts just came rushing in my head; you’re happy, you’re getting married; you have great friends; you spend time with them; you have tons of fun; you’re doing what you love; you’re organized; you look great. Oh my gosh Maddi, this is the girl you remember and missed!
I know it sounds funny to say I’m falling in love with myself, but it’s true, or perhaps more accurately I’m falling back in love with myself. There is no one else on earth that I would trade my life for theirs.
That doesn’t mean I don’t have plenty of things in my life that are not so peachy. I promise you I do. But the good things are so much better than any of the bad things. For instance, I’m poorer than I’ve been my entire life right at this moment, but I am at one of the happiest times of my life, if not the happiest. I’m ok with that.
It breaks my heart to be leaving the company I worked with for the past 4 years, but that’s what I’m in the process of doing, and I don’t think I could say all this if I was still there full time. But I learned so much. I became this confident business woman. I overcame my fear of public speaking. I learned how to build a business from nothing. AND I learned that you, as a person, always need to be looking for ways to grow yourself. Thank you for that.
I think if you’re reading my blog, you’re probably already doing that yourself, but I ran across this in my school journal. I really believe that finding your happiness and falling in love with yourself is about finding your passion and knowing you’re right where you are supposed to be.
TRY THIS: Using all your talent and passion, what is one big contribution you would like to make to the world? Describe it in detail. Who would be touched by your contribution and how would it affect them? How would it feel to make this contribution?
Me? I want to change the world. I want people to stop falling ill to heart disease and cancer and Alzheimer’s and diabetes and MS and osteoporosis and on and on. I want children not to suffer from diabetes, obesity, ADD, depression, anxiety, or especially cancer.
The studies are out there for plant-based eating. I’m here to spread the word and share the wealth of good health. That’s my intention every time I write, and every morning I wake up.
I’m living my passion, I’m eating my passion, I’m speaking my passion, and now I’m falling in love with me. I’m happy. I’m healthy. And darn it I’m hot too!
What is your passion?
What are you doing about it?
What do you need to fall in love with you?
Do the exercise and find out.