Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Is Among Us
However, I would like to change it to…
Breast Cancer Prevention Month
Let’s think about this here. We are all AWARE of breast cancer. We are all AWARE of cancer in general. So why the heck don’t we hear about how to PREVENT cancer. Isn’t that really what all this money we’re spending on pink ribbons should be going to?! I think so!
What do you think of when you think of a cancer patient? Do you EVER want to be a cancer patient? Do you ever want to go through with the kind of tormenting treatment that they suffer through? I think we all answer the same to these questions. NO!
We all want to live a cancer FREE life. We don’t ever want to have to go through treatment. We don’t want to go through that tormenting time where you wonder if you’ll even survive! No. Yet all that money we donate never comes back to share with us how to avoid this (cancer) in life.
But there’s NOTHING we can do to prevent it
WRONG. There are definite ways to prevent cancer! Let’s get a few things straight.
1. Why don’t we know about this? Because no one makes money by preventing cancer, so no one spends money to spread the word and make this knowledge known. Also, some of what I will share is quite frankly controversial, because some big companies and lobbies have spent a lot of money to make you and everyone you know think otherwise.
2. It’s hereditary. It’s genetics. This conclusion is more often used when someone doesn’t know how to explain something, so they just assume it must be genetics. Based on science, cancer is only 2% genetic. Meaning if it is IN YOUR GENES and was passed on to you, there is only a 2% chance that THAT alone will give you cancer. 2%!!!!! That means there’s a 98% chance you won’t get cancer, unless an environment is created in your body for the cancer to grow and become CANCER.
3. Cancer grows in acidic environments. So if you keep your body from becoming acidic, you prevent cancer growth! Whoa! No really though, it’s that simple.
4. What you eat MATTERS… A LOT! Sugar, highly processed foods, dairy products, and meats are your ACID forming foods. When I watch what the typical person eats, it breaks my heart. I KNOW they’ll have a disease one day if they keep up their eating habits. Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch, and chicken and rice-a-roni for dinner. There wasn’t one non acid-forming food in that spread. Not one. That is a toxic diet!
5. GREENS, GREENS, & MORE GREENS. There was no better food ever created than green vegetables. Kale, spinach, collards, arugula, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus and this list goes on! Food that comes from a plant is a god-given food. It is food from the sun. It is food from the earth. It is ALKALINE-FORMING food. It is cancer-preventing food. It is disease preventing food. It is life saving food. Eat some!
6. Say no to dairy and meat (most of the time). This is the part no body want to hear. But I’m here to say it. Studies have showed how eating 20% or more animal protein in the diet allows and speeds cancer growth. Eating less than 10% will not allow ANY cancer growth. The same study done using plant instead of animal protein saw 0% cancer growth no matter how much protein was consumed. Think about this. ANIMAL PROTEIN CAUSES CANCER GROWTH! WHAT??? Yes, that is exactly what I just said. If you want to read more about it, check out The China Study by Dr. Colin T. Campbell. (NOTE: this study was done on those predisposed to cancer and carried it genetically)
Dear friends, what have you learned about preventing Cancer, or any disease for that matter? Eat a lot of veggies! And fruits and anything that is plant-based! It’s all alkaline-forming/cancer preventing. Avoid too much dairy and meats. I’m not saying you need to become vegetarian or vegan to necessarily prevent cancer or disease. It’s may be more of a “sure thing” that way, but you really just want to make sure that only 10% or less comes from those products.
None of us are perfect. But surely this is something to be thinking about when making your next food choice, because frankly FOOD MATTERS, a lot!
Share with me!
What have you learned?
Is this new to you or have you heard this before?
What do you want to implement right away?
It’s time to go be a healthy, happy, hot, and cancer-free babe!
Peace, love, and blessings
This topic was actually requested by my fiancé and his sales team. While my first reaction is always stop eating junk and eat healthy foods, I have to realize sometimes that it isn’t that easy for others and it’s not that simple. Almost every food package has some sort of health claim on it. Plus there are thousands of conflicting diet theories out there. So no I guess it really isn’t that easy.
Here are my 5 simple tips to having better energy
1. Eat more Alkaline-forming foods. The body is set somewhere around a pH of 7.35. This is slightly alkaline. When it becomes more acidic, it’s a breeding grounds for disease. When your body is fighting the beginnings of disease, there isn’t going to be as much energy left over for you to do what you want to do with it.
Alkaline-forming foods are leafy green veggies, almonds, celery, cantaloupe, molasses, and basically any fruit or veggie is alkaline-forming.
On the same note, it also makes sense to cut back on acid-forming foods. These are grains, fish, meat, poultry, shellfish, cheese, milk and salt.
In simple terms, EAT YOUR FRUITS AND VEGGIES!
2. Get 8 hours of sleep. Like you’ve never heard this before?! Your body needs time to take care of you! Your body has its own clock. Do you remind it to breathe? Tell it when to pump blood? No. Your body has an agenda when you’re supposed to be sleeping and when you’re not sleeping it can’t do its jobs.
3. Deep Breathing. Most people don’t get air into the bottom portion of their lungs. Taking very deep breaths and allowing your lungs to fill completely will increase your energy. Do this in the morning, at work, before you work out, whenever.
4. Drink water. Another obvious one, but if it’s so obvious why doesn’t everyone drink enough water? Dehydration is an energy killer. Drink some water!
5. Laugh. Sing. Dance. Do something fun. Get in a good laugh. Sing your heart out to your favorite song. Shake your stuff. Get moving. All these things bring a lightness to your life. Make you smile and therefore give energy.
Keep in mind, having low energy is a sign that your body isn’t functioning properly. Disease is not as circumstantial as we like to think, but a direct correlation to all the decisions we’ve made that effect our body and minds. Our body is constantly talking to us, giving us signs that we need to fix and change things we’re doing. Your job is to listen to those signs and respond accordingly.
Be health, happy, and hot. Take care of your body!