Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Is Among Us
However, I would like to change it to…
Breast Cancer Prevention Month
Let’s think about this here. We are all AWARE of breast cancer. We are all AWARE of cancer in general. So why the heck don’t we hear about how to PREVENT cancer. Isn’t that really what all this money we’re spending on pink ribbons should be going to?! I think so!
What do you think of when you think of a cancer patient? Do you EVER want to be a cancer patient? Do you ever want to go through with the kind of tormenting treatment that they suffer through? I think we all answer the same to these questions. NO!
We all want to live a cancer FREE life. We don’t ever want to have to go through treatment. We don’t want to go through that tormenting time where you wonder if you’ll even survive! No. Yet all that money we donate never comes back to share with us how to avoid this (cancer) in life.
But there’s NOTHING we can do to prevent it
WRONG. There are definite ways to prevent cancer! Let’s get a few things straight.
1. Why don’t we know about this? Because no one makes money by preventing cancer, so no one spends money to spread the word and make this knowledge known. Also, some of what I will share is quite frankly controversial, because some big companies and lobbies have spent a lot of money to make you and everyone you know think otherwise.
2. It’s hereditary. It’s genetics. This conclusion is more often used when someone doesn’t know how to explain something, so they just assume it must be genetics. Based on science, cancer is only 2% genetic. Meaning if it is IN YOUR GENES and was passed on to you, there is only a 2% chance that THAT alone will give you cancer. 2%!!!!! That means there’s a 98% chance you won’t get cancer, unless an environment is created in your body for the cancer to grow and become CANCER.
3. Cancer grows in acidic environments. So if you keep your body from becoming acidic, you prevent cancer growth! Whoa! No really though, it’s that simple.
4. What you eat MATTERS… A LOT! Sugar, highly processed foods, dairy products, and meats are your ACID forming foods. When I watch what the typical person eats, it breaks my heart. I KNOW they’ll have a disease one day if they keep up their eating habits. Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch, and chicken and rice-a-roni for dinner. There wasn’t one non acid-forming food in that spread. Not one. That is a toxic diet!
5. GREENS, GREENS, & MORE GREENS. There was no better food ever created than green vegetables. Kale, spinach, collards, arugula, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus and this list goes on! Food that comes from a plant is a god-given food. It is food from the sun. It is food from the earth. It is ALKALINE-FORMING food. It is cancer-preventing food. It is disease preventing food. It is life saving food. Eat some!
6. Say no to dairy and meat (most of the time). This is the part no body want to hear. But I’m here to say it. Studies have showed how eating 20% or more animal protein in the diet allows and speeds cancer growth. Eating less than 10% will not allow ANY cancer growth. The same study done using plant instead of animal protein saw 0% cancer growth no matter how much protein was consumed. Think about this. ANIMAL PROTEIN CAUSES CANCER GROWTH! WHAT??? Yes, that is exactly what I just said. If you want to read more about it, check out The China Study by Dr. Colin T. Campbell. (NOTE: this study was done on those predisposed to cancer and carried it genetically)
Dear friends, what have you learned about preventing Cancer, or any disease for that matter? Eat a lot of veggies! And fruits and anything that is plant-based! It’s all alkaline-forming/cancer preventing. Avoid too much dairy and meats. I’m not saying you need to become vegetarian or vegan to necessarily prevent cancer or disease. It’s may be more of a “sure thing” that way, but you really just want to make sure that only 10% or less comes from those products.
None of us are perfect. But surely this is something to be thinking about when making your next food choice, because frankly FOOD MATTERS, a lot!
Share with me!
What have you learned?
Is this new to you or have you heard this before?
What do you want to implement right away?
It’s time to go be a healthy, happy, hot, and cancer-free babe!
Peace, love, and blessings
It has been nearly a month since I’ve last posted, but A LOT has been happening in my life since then. I’ve been traveling- like crazy. I’ve been living an unbalanced, caotic life. And the biggest thing is that my relationship of 3 years ended. I went from getting married to being single in the matter of a day.
Now let me first tell you that it is my fault entirely. I broke my best friends heart, but I had to, and I’ll be the first to tell you that I did some not so great things in this process, but I still had to.
This big change, this big decision, this big heart-break has made me do a lot of thinking. It’s forced me to do a lot of soul searching. I lot of digging into my heart and my mind and my fears and my tragedies. I was afraid that I was just a bad person, but what I discovered was that I have been a long time broken.
So what do you do once you discover there’s a 13, 14, 15 year old girl who is broken and trapped inside you? How do you heal her? How do you teach her that she doesn’t need to be wreckless? How do you heal yourself from something so long ago? I’m not sure I know the answer to this just yet, but I know I need to figure it out. I know now, that that’s why this tragedy happened in my life. Because I could never, can never be a good wife until I heal.
Here’s what I’m doing
I’m working with a coach who can teach and guide me to heal this abandoned broken girl inside me. That’s probably going to be the biggest key.
I’m also focused on ME and my primary food. Now, primary food is the areas of life that give you energy, or take your energy, but are NOT food. Everything from your relationships to your career to your spirituality. What most people don’t realize is just eating healthy and being active won’t necessarily be the key to good health or ultimate health. It could be, but what’s missing a lot of times is primary food.
Try this exercise to see where you’re at with your primary food.
For each category give yourself a rating between 1 and 10, 10 being fantastic, for how this area is going in your life.
Career: Education: Health: Physical Activity: Joy:
Home Cooking: Finances: Home Environment:
Social Life: Spirituality: Creativity: Relationships:
You’ll probably notice some really high areas of your life and some really low areas of your life. If most everything was a 7 or above, you are probably feeling really great about life right now. If you had a lot of 6 and unders, you’re probably feeling pretty low in life right now.
Where ever you’re at, it doesn’t matter, this next step will still elevate your health even if you’re already pretty good. Here’s what you want to do next. Ask yourself what would make my primary food better? If you’re finances were rated low, maybe something as simple as saving $500 or whatever would increase that area of your life. Or paying off a credit card, etc.
Here are some of mine. Feel free to steal some 😉
Practice yoga at least once a week.
Read the Bible.
Go to Body Pump class.
Pay off school.
Spend 1 hr/day marketing my business.
Eat out less.
Do a puzzle.
Spend quality time with a girl friend.
Cook seasonal food.
Spend more time outside.
Go to bed earlier.
Give thanks daily
Now that you’ve reflected, keep your answers somewhere and redo the exercise in a month and see what’s changed and how your life has improved 🙂
So tell me, What do you need to improve your primary food?
Where are you lacking? Where are you doing great?!
How can you improve those areas?
Share with me! Maybe I’ll want to steal some of yours 😉
In good times and bad, always be Healthy, be Happy, and then you’ll always be Hot!