Over the weekend I spent a lot of time explaining to people what I do for my work and sharing about my blog. I explained many times that I was doing a 30 day challenge for my blog and what it entailed. And I got so many questions about what I was eating etc, etc. (I was at a graduation party on my fiance’s side and the only vegan thing there.. were carrot sticks and cucumbers haha)
Brett’s (my fiance) aunt was like you should give a meal by meal update so it can be duplicated so we can do it too! This is both awesome and very challenging (for me). But for the last 6 days of my 30 Day Challenge I am going to do my best to do exactly that, while still sharing some good health info!
Alyssa this is dedicated to you. 🙂
What I Eat… so Far Today
I’m a little smoothied out and running out of fruit, so this morning I moved on over to the juicer! Juicing can be just as good and good for you as smoothies. They’re easier to drink and less filing, but you still get all the same phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Not only that but eliminating some of the fiber makes it easier for your body to absorb into your blood stream! This means quick energy, sort of like you might get from coffee.
Good Morning Delight
3 apples (any kind works)
1/2 a tomato
1 celery stalk
Juice those babies up and viola its a good morning delight! (sorry, I guzzled this bad boy down before I thought to take a picture) Now for my lunch…
Garlicky Asian Quinoa Stir-Fry
I always loved how flavorful the veggie stir fries at Chinese Restaurants are. It took me awhile to come up with a good home-made version. But this is quite delicious and full of flavor.
This ingredient list looks long, but really its just a lot of different vegetables. You don’t have to use as many as I do. I generally just take whatever is in my fridge and throw it in. Use as many or as few as you like.
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
2/3 c quinoa
1 1/3 c water’
1/2 onion, 1 inch pieces
1 bell pepper (any color), 1 inch pieces
2 carrots, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
2 c. mushrooms, quartered
1 Tbsp hoisin
1/2 zucchini, cut lengthwise then sliced
1 ear of corn, taken off the cob
1 c fresh broccoli
3 tbsp rice vinegar
3 clove garlic, pressed/minced
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
sea salt to taste
1. In a sauce pan, add 1 tbsp EVOO. Then add garlic powder, cayenne, and paprika. You want to lightly fry the spices.
2. Add the quinoa and water. (You want to make sure you pre-soak your quinoa for a couple minutes before you cook it otherwise it won’t sprout.) Boil then simmer for 20 minutes with a lid on.
3. Meanwhile in a saute pan add 1 tbsp EVOO, onions, bell pepper, carrots, and celery. Let them cook down a bit. Then add 1 Tbsp soy sauce and hoisin. Stir
4. Add zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, and corn.
5. Mix in the rice vinegar, garlic and ginger. Stir and let cook until vegetables are coated and tender.
6. Lay down the quinoa on a plate and cover with the stir fry veggies. Garnish with fresh green onion if you like and enjoy!
Well my friends writing recipes wears me out! Please enjoy them! Alyssa, do try it. This is an easy-to-get-into-quinoa recipe!
I’ve got some hula-hooping to do and some pampering to do and a whole list of other things I should do as well!
Eat healthy, be happy, and rock you’re hot body!