Five days complete in my 30 day challenge! It’s been going great! I have so many things I want to share with you! That’s what I get for waiting 5 days before posting You’ll forgive me though, right?!
I promised you my veggie lasagna that’s so good you’ll never miss the traditional stuff… well turns out I didn’t buy lasagna noodles. whoops! I ended up making Veggie Stuffed Shells that once I get pictures, I will share. But for now.. First thing is first!
I love the color of this smoothie. It reminds me of grape soda 🙂
1 banana, peeled
1/4 c. almond milk
6 large strawberries
1/2 c. blueberries
1 handful spinach (or other leafy green)
1 Tbsp flax seeds
1/2 c. ice
Add it all to your blender. Blend until smooth. Then enjoy!
Tip: I add banana and ice to almost every smoothie I make. Banana adds the creamy texture you’re looking for and ice makes it cold.
I’ll admit I’m still a little salad challenged, but let me share with you what’s been getting me through it.
1. Organic Spring Mix. This is chock full of more than 10 good-for-you greens including; arugula, spinach, beet greens, radicchio, endive, tango, red chard, and the list goes on. Those are just the ones I remember.
2. NUTrition. This little mix here has almonds, pistachios, dried cranberries, dried cherries, and granola. (I might be missing something, but who cares!) This stuff is so yummy. I’ve just been throwing it on top of my salads for some crunch and a yummy healthy kick. This right here is for the lazy salad maker! (ie: me!) Give it a try! Oh, and it’s great as a to-go snack by itself.
Now I did tell you I made Veggie Stuffed Shells instead of lasagna, since I can’t share that recipe with you just yet, I’ll give you one better. The real star of the show.
Guilt Free Garlic Bread
The trick here is you want to go to the bakery and buy a whole grain loaf. Any kind, Italian, French, whatever. WHOLE GRAIN. Traditionally my mom made this with the sweet Italian bread, but we’re giving it that healthy ramp and going vegan with this bad boy!
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. Earth Balance buttery spread
(This is a vegan butter, I generally just call it butter)
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, rough mince
1. Combine EVOO, butter, and garlic in a bowl. (I do recommend a garlic press for this. You can see mine in the picture, but it allows the garlic to combine with the butter rather than be big clumps that I chopped up.) Mix until smooth. I just use a fork for this.
2. Turn your oven on to broil. Then continue to cut your bread into slices. Like above. Spread the garlic butter evenly over each piece.
3. Sprinkle with your fresh chopped cilantro. (Picture was taken at this step!)
4. Broil for about 3 minutes or until golden brown or butter is melted and bread is crispy!
I also use this same recipe for crutons, just cooked a little longer!
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do. I’ll continue in my 30 day challenge. Good luck to those of you joining me!
In case you were wondering my hula-hooping skills are getting much better! haha 🙂
What are you waiting for?! Get Healthy, Happy, and Hot! Eat these delicious foods!